It's one of those memory days. I just had a conversation about "putting on the big girl panties" with a friend of mine. You know, those times when you really need to do the right thing, but it's hard because it goes against your non-confrontational nature?
Okay, I will admit that I can be plenty of confrontational, but not when it means disappointing someone. Or I perceive it as such. So saying "no" can be a tough one form me. I'm a work in progress, what can I say?
Anyhow, we were talking about "ghosting" and how it's the easy way, but it is kind of unfair to the other person. Then again, there is the modified version where you send the text or email then delete your profile/block their number so they can't respond and you won't be tempted to engage. I'm not sure if that's better or worse...
There is a point, I swear! There have been two people that I haven't been in "relationships" with that I've actually hiked up the panties and told them they were nice, just not for me. And it was because they really were nice! Both were good guys, and I wanted to let them know that I really thought that, so they'd carry that forward with them. Both guys I think would have been good catches. Just, not for me. Okay, well one definitely not for me, the other just had bad timing-I met my husband at the same time I met him, and knowing there was something special between us I wanted to concentrate on that.
This was a good 12 years ago, and I still remember the guy's name! So Nathan Udall, where ever you are, I hope you found a great girl because you apparently made such a positive impression on me that I can remember your name when I can't remember anyone's phone number! Cheers!
And for those guys who say nice doesn't get them vary far, really I think you are probably just being nice to the wrong people.
No comments:
Post a Comment