Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Life is Short My Butt

Long ago, in a galaxy far, far away someone said life was short.  I have never agreed with this.  Sure when you are waiting or bored time seems to stand still.  When you are enjoying yourself (or napping) time seems to move very fast indeed.  But as I crawl toward middle age and look ahead to retirement I think "Damn that long nap at the end still seems far away."  I think the secret is paying attention to the moment you are in.  Take time to appreciate it.  And if you are bored, nap.  Cats aren't wrong about sunbeams.

With this in mind, as well as my own expiration date, I figured I would spend some time throwing thoughts into the void and if I manage to do this long enough, anyone reading this may get to watch me spiral into dementia.  Or just think I have because truth be told, my brain has always wandered down strange roads.

So pull up a chair and read the adventures of a 44 (as of this typing) year old woman who plays board games, does sports and portrait photography, spends a lot of time playing board games with very amazing people, sews costumes, reads for a podcast, repairs old robots, goes to way too many concerts, actually likes her job, and is terrible about mowing her lawn.

Enticing, isn't it?  Wait until you hear about the SWAT team...

No comments:

Post a Comment